Complexity abounds! Much of what we do day in and day out in our work life bears exponential complexity. Stress, anxiety, unproductive behavior and processes and increased complications become the norm. Duplication and roadblocks seem everywhere. Regrettably, there is a direct effect on ROI via decreased efficiencies, as well as decreased effectiveness. We don’t design our organizations to be complex, they simply evolve that way.
Complexity of course is a natural phenomenon. That is to say, even when something begins as a simple process, over time it becomes more complex. Additional processes are added, new matrix responsibilities are multiplied, and so on. Naturally it all adds more complexity. And our want for simplicity predictably follows. Complaints about complexity and the exhortation and want to simplify are only limited by the number of people in the room. And the frustration continues…
How we address the issue:
Challenging complexity and finding ways to simplify your procedures, processes and organizational dynamics is the aim of The Course on Simplicity. Designed by Dr. Edward de Bono, The Course on Simplicity will provide you with the Challenge tools to effectively identify, simplify and make your key business issues less complex.
What we have in The Course on Simplicity is a tools based approach to Simplicity. Akin to all the other de Bono thinking tools, we learn the Simplicity tools and apply them to your ongoing business issues.
What we know about Simplicity and the Simplicity Tools... :
• We know simplicity never just happens. And exhortation to simplify is not enough. Simplifying work life and processes takes deliberate effort, intentionality and commitment.
• Like any tool, the Simplicity tools require practice to learn. Confidence, competence and mastery will follow intentional and willful practice.
• The Simplicity tools are an extension of the Lateral Thinking tools developed by Dr. de Bono which are used successfully in corporations worldwide.
The Simplicity Tools cover four broad areas:
1. Removal which has a focus on Combining, Shifting, Challenging and Values;
2. Replacement which has a focus on Ideal Concepts, Provocation, Exceptions and Units;
3. Restructuring which focuses on existing parts
4. Taking a Broad or Narrow View of the Organizational System.
The Course on Simplicity will enable you to :
1. Target An Area.
2. Define Objectives
3. Apply the de Bono Simplicity Tools/Processes
4. Assess the Changes
5. Implement the Plan.
As we complete the learning of the Simplicity tools, we will conclude with and address three other key issues:
1. The potential dangers of simplicity,
2. How you can go about developing your Organizational Simplicity Team and
3. Operationalizing your Simplicity Plan.
Key Benefits: You will be able to...
• Understand and use the ten Edward de Bono rules of Simplicity.
• Identify and reduce duplication of efforts in order to increase ROI.
• Identify and remove longstanding and difficult organizational roadblocks and barriers and increase employee and customer satisfaction.
• Increase organizational ownership of the need for Simplicity.
• Free your employees to think through ideas more quickly, leading to faster market innovations.
• Equip your employees with Simplicity tools that will positively enable your organizational quest for ongoing Simplicity.
• Engage your customers and vendors in the dialogue and search for the Win-Win quest for Simplifying relationships, technology, products, services and work life.
• Create a Simplicity Focus, Plan and Team for your organization or company.
As you can imagine, this can be a powerful program.
Public Workshop : INR 15000 plus GST per participant. Early Bird : 15 days prior to the workshop INR 13500 plus GST per participant. Group of four or more : INR 12750 plus GST per participant.
The Course in Simplicity productively refocuses your people’s intellectual and emotional energy resulting in increased organizational effectiveness, employee and customer satisfaction and of course better ROI.
We customize learning and thinking together events for top staff and their teams.They always want to learn appropriate de Bono tools and then apply them right away on their predeter-mined business challenges such as developing new strategies, products, concepts, or business models. Our public workshop schedule along with registration details is posted on wwwgenesiseventsindia.in
we will work with you to develop your own skilled de Bono trainers and facilitators when that makes sense for your business